If you're looking for a great warm quinoa recipe, look no further. Before I found this recipe, I always made cold quinoa salads (like this one). While they are delicious, I hate waiting for them to cool and having to pack my lunch in two containers to avoid heating cucumbers. If you were wondering, sauteed cucumber is revolting.
The list may seem long, but your shopping and prepping will be over before you know it!
Marinated Chicken & Quinoa Salad with Lemon and Mint
from Weber.com by Jamie PurviancePrep time: 25 minutesMarinade time: 2-4 hoursGrilling time: 8-12 minutes
Your Shopping List:
What to do with it:
- Mix marinade ingredients in a measuring cup or bowl.
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag and add the marinade. Shake it up! Place bag in a bowl and refrigerate for 2-4 hours (or however long you have).
- Once you are too hungry to let the meat marinade any longer, preheat your grill for direct cooking over medium heat and clean it off.
- Remove the chicken from the bag, discard the marinade, and place the chicken on the grill breast-side down. Keep the lid closed as much as possible and grill for 8-12 minutes (turning once or twice). Once cooked, transfer the chicken to a cutting surface, and cut into 1/2 inch slices - or really, whatever size you want!
- In a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat, combine broth, 1 tbsp of oil, and 1 tsp of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add quinoa, and lemon juice - stir.
- Cover the pot, reduce the heat to low. Stir once or twice over the next 15 or so minutes. By this time, or after all of the liquid is absorbed, your quinoa will be ready.
- Fluff (not like a pillow - use your fork) and transfer to a bowl suitable for mixing.
- Add the remaining oil, salt and the rest of your ingredients listed under "Quinoa". Stir and taste. Alter ingredients accordingly.
|Please ignore the HUGE piece of lettuce.|