Friday 10 January 2014

Fries that don't end up on your thighs

I love potatoes. I would eat them all every day if my diet would allow it. Unfortunately, they're not the healthiest side dish. Thankfully, I also love sweet potatoes! This is a recipe that my momma made for us pretty often back in the day and was the only way I enjoyed them until recently. It's a great way to spice up a meal and takes pretty much no time at all to make! I love the combination of sweet and spicy it creates.


"Spicy Yam Oven Fries"

inspired by my wonderful mom!


Your shopping list:

1 1/2 - 2 yams or sweet potatoes
2 Tbsp soy sauce (or use tamari like my mom does. It's the best option if you're gluten intolerant because there's less wheat)
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp mustard powder
1/4 tsp garlic podwer
1 Tbsp olive oil

What to do with it:

  1. Preheat oven to 400 F
  2. Cut the yams/sweet potatoes into thirds, then slice like fries and place in a medium sized bowl
  3. Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl, and then pour over the fries
  4. Arrange the fries on a baking sheet, and bake for approx 10 minutes.
  5. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment