|Pizza - What's not to love?|
This shopping list will include things I like to put on my pizza - feel free to experiment with your own toppings. If you are using any fresh meat, PLEASE cook it first. I don't like food poisoning and I don't think you will either.
Your Shopping List:
- Pepperoni/cooked chicken/other cooked meat
- Various types of pepper
- Green & black olives
- White and/or red onion
- Cheese - I've used feta, mozzarella and cheddar. ALL ARE DELICIOUS!
- Tomato paste (smallest can)
- Tomato sauce, no salt added (small can)
- 1-2 tsp each Oregano, basil or Italian seasoning
- Brown sugar or other sweetener to get rid of that "canned" taste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Red chili flakes (optional)
Store-bought crust, naan bread and pita all work well! I will post my recipe later.
What to do with it:
a) On the grill, with uncooked pizza dough:
- Turn on your barbecue on high - let it heat up and then reduce to medium heat
- Roll out the dough in whatever size pizzas you want
- Brush one side of your prepared dough with olive oil
- Place dough on grill for approx 1 minute
- Remove from heat, and brush uncooked side with olive oil
- Top the cooked side with your sauce, meat, veggies, and cheese
- Return pizza to grill, and cook for approx 5 minutes with the lid closed
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F.
- Cut up veggies and shred cheese
- Mix pizza sauce ingredients
- Top your pizza crust: sauce, toppings, and then cheese
- Cook for 12-15 minutes, or as long as it takes to look delicious
- Eat it up!
|This wasn't even intentional!|
|Okay, maybe I went a bit overboard with the cheese....|