I really, really, really love cooking.
I really, really, really hate doing dishes.
This recipe is perfect because it only incorporates two of those things: Pasta & Cooking.
This one-pot meal is great because you don't wind up doing dishes for meat, sauce and pasta. It's one of my favourite meals and reminds me of living at home when my step-mama was doing some of the cooking. I've taken the recipe and modified it to suit my taste buds & hatred of doing dishes.
"Blast From the Pasta"
Adapted from Crazy Plates Cookbook
Your Shopping List:
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 tray of sliced mushrooms, or a handful that you will slice yourself
1 28oz can of diced tomatoes, no salt added
1 can cream of mushroom soup (look for some without MSG)*
1 can of tomato soup (no msg)
1/4 cup of milk*
any other vegetables you like in pasta
3 cups of dry pasta such as penne or fusili
What to do with it:
- Cook the meat in a large non-stick pan over medium high heat (I use a deep lagostina pan that a lid)
- When the meat is cooked through, add in the veggies and cook until they start to become tender - about 5 minutes
- Add the canned tomatoes and soups; stir well
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil
- Lower heat to a simmer, and cook, lid on, for 30 minutes - stirring occasionally
- Serve, allow to cool slightly, and enjoy!