Those of you who know me, know that I don't have much of a sweet tooth. That being said, I love baking cookies! It's a good thing too, because people love asking me to bake them.
I found this recipe a few years ago and have never looked back. I have, however, made a few notes of my own and changed the size.
Without further ado...
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Your Shopping List
What to do with it
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 F
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, or just grease them (make sure you can fit two in your oven at once)
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and sugars until well blended
- By hand, beat in the vanilla and egg yolks - it should be light and creamy
- Add in the sifted ingredients and mix
- Stir in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon
- Using a 1/8 cup, measure out approximately 8 cookies per sheet
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- Cool on baking sheet before transferring to wire racks
- Eat one
- Eat another...
- and another...
- Then save the rest for friends and family!